[IMPORTANT] How to activate your W1tch account after the website migration

MrDario

Wishing everyone a warm welcome to the new website, https://w1tch.net/

JgOJsD0.png

Since the migration from the old website happened, for security reasons everyone had to reset their password in order to activate their account on the new website.

Many users have already gained access to their accounts, on the other hand many are still unfamiliar with the procedure, if you're one of them keep reading to know what to do.

Who is affected and needs to go through this process:

- Those who are trying to access the new website ( https://w1tch.net/ ) for the first time (previously owners of an account on the old website).

- Those who are not aware of how the process of first time activation of the account works.

Who is NOT affected, no further actions required:

- Those who already activated their account by resetting password.

- Newcoming users that signed up a brand new account here, and had no previous account on the old website.

a. How to activate your W1TCH Account if it's the first time you're trying to access the new website:

[ 1 ] - Check the email address that you used to register your W1TCH account on the old website, make sure to check the inbox (any folder, including junk or spam folders) and look for an incoming email from "w1tch community" ( [email protected] / [email protected] ) which will look like this:

lGbxtBI.png

[ 2 ] - Click on the "Reset my password" button and proceed to input a new password and click on the Save button

Note: if the reset link is expired, head down to chapter b. and follow the instructions to manually request a password reset.

Mf8DsZX.png

[ 3 ] - You have gained access to your account, congratulations!

b. If you haven't received any email from w1tch AT ALL, you can try to manually request a password reset:

[ 1 ] - Head over the sign in area, and click on the "Forgot your password?" text

8q194vk.png

[ 2 ] - Input the email address that you used to register your W1TCH account on the old website, make sure that it is the correct email address and you have access to it!

aJm8SpN.png

[ 3 ] - If the system was able to find an existing account for the email address supplied, you will receive an email with instructions to recover your account. Emails get delivered within the next minutes, make sure to check your inbox including any junk or spam folders. If you do not receive an email within the next few minutes, please verify the information supplied and try again or contact a member of the staff.

[ 4 ] - Follow the instructions received via email to set a new password for your account and gain access to it.

c. If you have manually requested a password reset but haven't received any email:

[ 1 ] - Please make sure to have a deep check of your email's inbox, any folder should be checked, including promotions, socials, junk and spam.

[ 2 ] - Make sure you're requesting the password reset using the correct email, the system is able to send the reset email only if an existing account is found having that email address registered.

[ 3 ] - Still not receiving any email? Feel free to contact a member of the staff or open a support thread, we will help you gain access to your account.

Note: in case of users being unable to recover their accounts, or losing access to the registered email address, in order to recover the account we require a valid proof of purchase (a screenshot of the purchase receipt, or transaction) or the license key(s) in the form of text.

To get a faster support try having a valid proof of purchase ready to be sent to the staff.

REMEMBER: the Staff will NEVER ask for your password, be aware of potential scammers that are trying to gain access to your informations, always speak with trusted and listed staff members ( https://w1tch.net/staff/ ) , check their role on the forum before giving out any sensitive data to a random stranger.

Thanks for staying with us!

• Thanks 1

2x

Feel free to reach me via the forum PMs or Discord (mrd4rio) for any questions or account related issues.

37 minutes ago, shunter6669 said:

I requested a manual reset using the form a few days ago but the website reset works now.  How can i cancel the request?

Don't worry I'll mark the request as solved

• Like 1

2x

Feel free to reach me via the forum PMs or Discord (mrd4rio) for any questions or account related issues.

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, -Tom- said:

I have reseted my password and logged inn but i don't have VIP even though i had it on the old website.

Hi, you probably have recovered the wrong account, do you remember any other username you might've had? Or if you have the license key(s) send that to me in Private Messages, I can instantly recover the correct account.

2x