Will the GTA V source code leak affect Requiem? What about security for players?

daineko

Given the new leaks, I, and other players, are concerned about playing GTA Online now given that anyone can look at the source code and find ways to DDoS or hack people. Is having protection options activated in Requiem and a VPN while playing enough to be more safe? Will requiem change now given these leaks?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, daineko said:

Given the new leaks, I, and other players, are concerned about playing GTA Online now given that anyone can look at the source code and find ways to DDoS or hack people. Is having protection options activated in Requiem and a VPN while playing enough to be more safe? Will requiem change now given these leaks?

R* were aware of the leaks and had already patched the most dangerous vulnerabilities a long time ago, which we clearly saw when, after the GTA6 data leak (along with the GTA5 source code), they started releasing frequent unplanned updates focused on anti-cheat and other things.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Antrix said:

R* were aware of the leaks and had already patched the most dangerous vulnerabilities a long time ago, which we clearly saw when, after the GTA6 data leak (along with the GTA5 source code), they started releasing frequent unplanned updates focused on anti-cheat and other things.

Does this essentially mean that we shouldn't worry about playing GTA Online on PC? 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, daineko said:

Does this essentially mean that we shouldn't worry about playing GTA Online on PC? 

The leak of the source code will definitely impact the modding community in one way or another, but considering that many things in there are quite outdated and others have been or will be changed - I don't think there's too much reason to worry.

• Like 1