Jump to content

Will the GTA V source code leak affect Requiem? What about security for players?


daineko

Recommended Posts

Given the new leaks, I, and other players, are concerned about playing GTA Online now given that anyone can look at the source code and find ways to DDoS or hack people. Is having protection options activated in Requiem and a VPN while playing enough to be more safe? Will requiem change now given these leaks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, daineko said:

Given the new leaks, I, and other players, are concerned about playing GTA Online now given that anyone can look at the source code and find ways to DDoS or hack people. Is having protection options activated in Requiem and a VPN while playing enough to be more safe? Will requiem change now given these leaks?

The data that was leaked to the network is long outdated and will not affect GTA0 in any way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, daineko said:

Given the new leaks, I, and other players, are concerned about playing GTA Online now given that anyone can look at the source code and find ways to DDoS or hack people. Is having protection options activated in Requiem and a VPN while playing enough to be more safe? Will requiem change now given these leaks?

R* were aware of the leaks and had already patched the most dangerous vulnerabilities a long time ago, which we clearly saw when, after the GTA6 data leak (along with the GTA5 source code), they started releasing frequent unplanned updates focused on anti-cheat and other things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Antrix said:

R* were aware of the leaks and had already patched the most dangerous vulnerabilities a long time ago, which we clearly saw when, after the GTA6 data leak (along with the GTA5 source code), they started releasing frequent unplanned updates focused on anti-cheat and other things.

Does this essentially mean that we shouldn't worry about playing GTA Online on PC? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
12 minutes ago, daineko said:

Does this essentially mean that we shouldn't worry about playing GTA Online on PC? 

The leak of the source code will definitely impact the modding community in one way or another, but considering that many things in there are quite outdated and others have been or will be changed - I don't think there's too much reason to worry.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, daineko said:

Does this essentially mean that we shouldn't worry about playing GTA Online on PC? 

This will not affect any menus, since who needs them, they had these files before and for each game patch, this can only affect Lua scripters who will be able to see something there

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...